venerdì 8 maggio 2009

Friday, May 8th 2009 @ 8:30pm Blog #7


Friday, May 8th 2009 @ 8:30pm
Blog #7

I can’t believe its Friday night and a week has gone by already! Today was a tiring day at school. On a good note, my first test went very well; I only made 4 grammar mistakes. In language class we played Taboo in Italian! It was so much fun that I want to buy it for home to practice and learn new words. You can all imagine how competitive I was.
For culture class, we took a tour around the historical center of the city. It’s funny because they’re so many landmarks nearby, but I haven’t had the chance to really explore, so I had no idea. Some of my favorite sites included a botanical garden created 1000 years ago (where the first school of medicine in Italy was located), Il Duomo and all the dedications to San Matteo, and il Teatro di Verdi (one of my favorite composers). They’re also many historical sites from Il Risorgimento (Italian unification) and from the liberation by the Allies during WW2. The history nerd in me was eating it all up!

(The photo is of Bobby & I at the gardens)

1 commento: