giovedì 7 maggio 2009

Thursday, May 7th 2009 @ very late, Blog #6


Thursday, May 7th 2009 @ very late
Blog #6

Another beautiful day. It began with an old man yelling at me for wearing shorts, go figure. In class today, we discussed il congiuntivo, a tense I’ve always had trouble with because we don’t realize when we use it English. My teacher at the Accademia taught it differently then what I was use to, so I think understand it a little better. We’ll find out when I take my first exam tomorrow morning! I was originally worried, until the teacher told us to go out tonight instead of studying. I guess it’s nothing too serious.
I met a group of boys last night at this place I like to hang out at called ‘zerottonove’ (0-7-9). It was such a weird coincidence because one of them, Rafaele, is the cousin of my language teacher. We had the funniest conversation until 2am discussing topics from male-female differences in both countries, to why I wasn’t allowed to discuss politics with them (apparently it’s rude because it starts fights). They’ve agreed to take a few of us to the nearest discoteca on Saturday night to dance. We haven’t been able to find one because they’re none in walking distance.
Tonight the school treated us out to dinner at a local place, which was a nice change from the typical tourist stuff we’ve been eating like pizza and pasta. I finally had some vegetables tonight!

(The photo is of me in front of the fountain at our hostel).

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento