sabato 16 maggio 2009

Saturday, May 16th 2009 @ 8:30pm Blog #15


Saturday, May 16th 2009 @ 8:30pm
Blog #15

This morning we took a day trip to Ravello, a small town on the seaside of the Amalfi coast. It is very similar to Salerno, but is higher up in the mountains and less modern looking. The best part for me was when our guide Antonella and I creeped a wedding that was happening in the piazza. The bride and all the details of the ceremony were so Italian looking and beautiful. I told her that weddings were my obsession, so she was like ‘Let’s do it!’….so we hid in the back of the church like crazy people. I also thought it was interesting how the whole town comes out to watch, and it’s perfectly normal for strangers to clap and take pictures.
P.S. Rob, I want to get married in Italy.
Luckily, it wasn’t sunny or too hot today so my skin is getting a day to heal a bit. Right now I am looking over the ledge of a terrace at Mar Tirreno. Although there’s fog today, the water is still amazingly blue and the colors of the houses still glisten off the roofs.

(Photo: Me at Ravello)

1 commento: