lunedì 4 maggio 2009

Monday, May 4th 2009 @ 3:30pm Blog #3


Monday, May 4th 2009 @ 3:30pm
Blog #3

First day of school! You’ll notice from the photo that (Angela, me, Bobby, and Regan) were awake in time. I cannot begin to explain how much I love our school, L’Accademia Italiana. The 4 of us placed in the same advanced level along with many other international students of all ages from places such Austria, Mexico, and Switzerland. It’s interesting because we can’t use English as a fall back when the only thing we have in common with our peers is Italian. It forces you to push harder and explain things differently in order to convey your message. An excellent way to learn! In the first day alone, I learned a ton of new vocabulary and my sense of confidence grew within this unique classroom setting.
I’m having a lot of trouble with the internet here. For some reason, Italy seems to hate Facebook and I can’t login anywhere; this is going to be tough! My email accounts work on the school computer and this blog works on the hostel’s wireless. Go figure. So I have to travel depending on the website I wish to visit. It’s funny how we take things for granted like high-speed internet. Tonight I will be meeting up with some of the international students who have been here longer than us, and they’ve agreed to show us where the best places are to go out and such. Should be a good time…..

1 commento:

  1. Find me online when you get the chance, and i'll show you how to get past any of the internet funnies

    RispondiElimina