domenica 3 maggio 2009

Saturday, May 2nd 2009 @ 11pm Blog #1


La Mia Avventura in Italia

Saturday, May 2nd 2009 @ 11pm

Blog #1

As I sit on the plane, 7 hours into my flight, I’m filled with a sense of anxiety and excitement at the same time. This will be the longest time I’ve spent out of the country and away from those I love, and I’m not sure how to process it all. I’m grateful for the opportunity to study in Salerno (part of the reason I choose Northeastern), but I think my nervousness stems from all the unresolved issues I leave behind. It seems like your troubles follow you, even to sunny Italy. I have so much to look forward to; improving my language skills, spending time immersed in the culture, the beach and the night life, and my family meeting me in Rome on the 5th of June.

Today marks the beginning of my adventure, (appropriately titling this blog). I wish to use this as an outlet to document my journey for myself to reflect on how it changes me both personally and as a student. I choose to do this publically instead of in a journal because I hope to share this experience with others, both strangers and loved ones, in order to have a better understanding of the differences between Italian and American culture and way of life. Reading a text book cannot begin to explain the thousands upon thousands of years of history that dwell amidst the Italian people, the buildings, the faith, and most importantly, in their hearts. I hope to find a piece of myself in it all.

1 commento:

  1. we miss you so very much! i am so glad i finally found your blog and plan on reading it daily! now to catch up on all ive missed...but most of all - ive missed you! love ya!

    RispondiElimina