martedì 19 maggio 2009

Tuesday, May 19th 2009 @ 9:30pm Blog #18


Tuesday, May 19th 2009 @ 9:30pm
Blog #18

Today in class we discussed Catholicism in Italy, and I must admit that I was very uncomfortable. I guess because it’s such a sensitive topic for me and I really don’t like when people express opinions on a subject they know nothing about it. I totally support debating and hearing different opinions and thoughts, but I don’t appreciate when people who don’t practice the religion try to tell me what my own religious thoughts are. I hope that makes sense. For example, ‘Catholics do this because of this….’ It’s just very hard for me to stomach comments such as that. I had to really control myself from speaking up on every issue. But then again, I guess I really shouldn’t care what others think. It was more of a matter of separating fact and fiction in order to have an educational discussion.
Anyway, on a funnier note continuing on the topic of religion……did you know that in some Northern Italian cities, such as Milan, eating a kebab in public is forbidden? Do you want to know why? Because right ignorant extremists think it will make you Muslim. Yes, apparently food can influence your religious preference. So I dedicate today’s blog picture to Berlusconi and other Italian politicians. Please come and arrest me!

(Photo: Me eating a kebab on the steps of a church!)

2 commenti: