domenica 17 maggio 2009

Sunday, May 17th 2009 @ 5pm Blog #16


Sunday, May 17th 2009 @ 5pm
Blog #16

I’m sitting on the sand right now in Salerno observing the Italian teenagers at the beach. They must be a few younger than me, but they remind me of trips I use to make to the beach with my friends in high school. The girls are tanning, the boys joking around; some are swimming trying to get the girls wet. Very similar to my memories.
While it’s hot today, the sun has been coming in and out of the clouds. Not that I mind because it’s a nice change from the usual direct sunlight. Most of the students slept in all day because of the long night they had. I’m so glad I stayed in and let my body rest. I was happy since that internet was working so well last night that I was able to make a few phone calls home.
I tried a different church today called San Benidetto. Unfortunately, the information I had was wrong so I walked into mass late, but the atmosphere overall was much nicer. Next Sunday, I’ll try another church…...The next 2 weeks are ‘history week’ of Salerno, with various celebrations and events every day. Tonight there’s a poetry reading and classical concert at Santa Sofia, so I’m probably to go check that out.

(Photo: Me at the dock by the beach where I am writing this)

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento