martedì 5 maggio 2009

Tuesday, May 5th 2009 @ 7pm Blog #4


Tuesday, May 5th 2009 @ 7pm
Blog #4

We woke up today to a gray sky on the way to class and a bit chilly, but the sun soon gave way when we had our coffee break. It’s very difficult to dress here because things change so rapidly. For example, I went from a jacket and jeans earlier on to getting a tan by the afternoon. Today I realized that class is going to kick my ass; 4 hours of language class plus 2 hours of culture class daily. Seems like there’s no time to do any homework when you factor in naps and going out so late every night!
I had a lovely day with Bobby at the beach. Between our two classes, we went to the lungomare, which is like the boardwalk by the sea, to read our text before class. I was the happiest person today when I discovered a place that sells granita, sort of like an Italian ice, and I asked them to make it Sicilian style; con la vodka! 20 minutes and 2 granitas later (which equals about her 5 shots)….we had class…..oops. I thought the lady would think I was crazy for ordering it like that, but the expression on her face was like ‘what a good idea’. After, we went to lay on these rocks where the water breaks and talked about Italian politics for a few hours because we’re intelligent like that. I think this will become my new habit….

(The photo is of us enjoying our granita limone con la vodka)

3 commenti:

  1. thats awesome! i want some of that!

    RispondiElimina
  2. Hey jackie, this is excellent I must say you look stunning in all the pictures and that handsome young guy next to you looks like he is having a great time too! I wish I was there - are there any tables to dance on! LOL

    RispondiElimina