domenica 24 maggio 2009

Saturday, May 24th 2009 @10pm Blog #21


Saturday, May 24th 2009 @10pm
Blog #21

The wind is a horse:
hear how he runs
through the sea, through the sky.

He wants to take me: listen
how he roves the world
to take me far away.
-Pablo Neruda

Bobby and I spent the day on the island of Capri taking in the scenery, the sun, and carefree attitude we brought along with us. The poem above is from a famous Chilean writer and politician that I like who spent some time on the island back in the 1950s. My favorite part was a walk we took up and down the many paths that surround the villas that are tucked away into the mountain side. It was nice to get away from the tourists and see some nature. It was so hot out that we couldn’t resist going swimming on a very rocky beach (my feet are all cut up) that had crystal clear blue water. Unfortunately, I couldn’t go to the grotta azzurra like I’ve always wanted to because it was too expensive and my pockets seem to have a whole in them lately. I felt bad because it’s not like one goes to Capri everyday….hopefully one day I will return and be able to see it.

(Photo: Me on the boat Capri!)

1 commento:

  1. sounds lovely! glad you had a nice and relaxing day...im sure you'll return one day!

    RispondiElimina