lunedì 25 maggio 2009

Saturday, May 25th 2009 @9pm Blog #22


Saturday, May 25th 2009 @9pm
Blog #22

I can’t believe I only have one more week left in Salerno. I have to really focus this week because there is a language final at L’Accademia, a culture final exam, paper, and project (all which will affect my GPA at Northeastern). I’m doing my project on Catholicism in Italy vs. America based on all the observations I’ve made these past few weeks. It should be interesting as I haven’t felt comfortable at any church yet. I’m very worried about my language final because my mid-way progress report was lower than I expected. But to be honest, I don’t think they reflect well on my capabilities. For example, I got a 4/5 under comprehension, when I understand 100% of what the teacher says. The only thing I can think of is that I ask a lot of questions on new vocabulary, but I can’t imagine why asking questions would lower my grade. Anyway, I need to boost it up on the final.
I’m also super excited about seeing my parents and 2 brothers in a week! It’s the first time we will be in Italy all together. I’m wondering if my brothers will actually want to hang out with me, or treat me as their little sister. At home, we rarely hang out because of the age difference, but I’m hoping that we can use this experience to become closer and have some fun, and I would like to be included as an equal in this. The way I can see it, it can go 3 ways: we can all go out together at night, they will judge me for going out, or they will go out without me. We shall see what happens.
Tonight is Stefano’s last night in Salerno (our guide) because he’s going to France for another job. So we are heading out for drinks to say goodbye….

1 commento:

  1. hey sis...really missing you these days and cant wait to see you again. I am sure you will ALL have a great time together! Have fun and good luck on your exams, etc this week!

    RispondiElimina