lunedì 18 maggio 2009

Monday, May 18th 2009 @11pm Blog #17


Monday, May 18th 2009 @11pm
Blog #17

As I sit here and listen to a beautiful opera song called Omaggio, which means homage or reverence, I can’t help but wonder what my life would be like if I actually followed the lyrics to the music that moves me.

Voglio vincere, grazie a te, sogniamo insieme (I want to win, thanks to you, let’s dream together).

The simplicity of happiness here in Italy baffles me. It makes me realize how much I overcomplicate my life. I make myself believe that I want these things; power, success, wealth. But in reality, I really do know what’s important to me; I just don’t know how to obtain them. It seems like the tangible material things are easier to acquire, especially when the things you truly desire involve other people; family, friends, and lovers. If I learn anything here, I hope that I learn to appreciate the small things that I treasure, for wherever your treasure lies, there will you find your heart. Spending an afternoon with my nephew just giggling and playing, a meaningful conversation with my parents, or the embrace of the one you love; none of these can be measured in vanity, numbers, or by spectators.

(Photo: I found the DVD’s I’ve been searching for like 2 years! Sorry that the picture does not match the tone of my writing, but it was the only eventful thing that happened today).

1 commento:

  1. sounds like it was a very meaningful day. the little things in life are truly the bigger things - sometimes we just dont see it that way...we miss ya hun!

    RispondiElimina