lunedì 11 maggio 2009

Monday, May 11th 2009 @ very late Blog #10


Monday, May 11th 2009 @ very late
Blog #10

I had the best time last night with the Italian boys I’ve been hanging out with all week. I would like to call it; The Fast and the Furious, Italian style. I met Raffaele at zero-otto-nove with 2 other students, and he said he had a date with some friends at another bar, and if we would mind coming too. Naturally, we said yes thinking it was two minutes away. So apparently, it was another city altogether! And we drove through the mountains….you know the ones where the streets are so narrow that if another car comes speeding around the corner, you die. It was awesome.
Today, the ladies finally had a chance to go shopping in town, and of course, we went to my favorite European store, Benetton. Surprisingly, the prices were much cheaper here in Italy. In Boston and NY, Benetton is a ‘splurge store’, for example, one item usually runs about $100. But today I bought two nice dresses (because I packed like an idiot) for 50 euros. Sono contenta  I must admit, part of the reason I wanted new clothes was because I was getting made fun by the Italian boys because apparently I dress like a….well, American girl. Meaning I haven’t been spending 2 hours getting ready every day and wearing high heels around town. So I had to show them up tonight, and prove them wrong. Mission accomplished.

(The photo is of some of the American students sporting our Benetton goods)

1 commento:

  1. You are too funny! glad you found some sales over there! we played your message at mom and dad's last night and christian said "its zia jackie!" he misses you very much!!! love you!

    RispondiElimina