venerdì 15 maggio 2009

Thursday, May 14th 2009 @ very late Blog #13


Thursday, May 14th 2009 @ very late
Blog #13

Today was a very hot day….further worsening my skin situation. I feel awful and I had to go to the doctor again. On a good a note, we went to visit a Buffalo Mozzarella factory today in the country side, about 40 minutes away from Salerno. We took a beautiful but lengthy walk to get there, and on the way, were able to see many Greek ruins and temples. The one I’m standing in front of in the photo is the temple of Zeus. At the factory, we learned about the process of raising buffalos for milk and the very old tradition of making the cheese. We were able to sample a fresh ball of mozzarella and some ricotta afterwards. It was very different than what we find in America, even the imported stuff. Delicious!

(photo: me in front of the Greek temples)

2 commenti:

  1. love your shirt...i was there when you were on the phone with dad last night...you feeling better today? sending you HUGS!

    RispondiElimina
  2. I told you how its made... You haven't seen me make Mozzerella? (Of course, I don't use buffalo milk, but the idea is the same)

    RispondiElimina